How to Install your Epson Compatibles
Make sure you have your replacement cartridges handy before you begin. You must install new cartridges immediately after removing the old ones.
Leave your old cartridges in the printer until you are ready to replace them to prevent the print head nozzles from drying out. Do not open ink cartridge packages until you are ready to install the ink. Cartridges are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.
Turn on your product. Lift the Scanner Unit. Caution: Do not move the print head by hand; otherwise, you may damage your product. Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer.
3. Press the stop button.
If a cartridge is low or expended, the print head moves that cartridge to the indicator position. Press the stopbutton again to check for additional low or expended cartridges.
When all cartridges have been identified, the print head moves to the replacement position.
If no cartridges are low or expended, the print head does not move.
If you want to replace a cartridge before it is low or expended, press the stop button for 6 seconds. The print head moves to the replacement position.
4. Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.
5. Remove the cartridge from the package.
6. Remove the yellow tape from the top of the cartridge.
Caution: Do not remove any other labels or seals, or ink will leak.
7. Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.
8. Lower the scanner unit.
9. Press the stop button. The print head moves to its home position and the printer starts charging the ink. This takes about 1.5 minutes. When the power light stops flashing and remains on, ink charging is finished.
Caution: Never turn off the product while the power light is flashing or you will waste ink. Note: If the ink light is on after the print head moves to its home position or the power light is still flashing 3 minutes after replacing a cartridge, an ink cartridge may not be installed properly. Press the stop button,
then remove cartridge and press down until it clicks into place. or remove the four cartridges and press them down until they click into place repeat this process 3 times if still complaining about ink.